Cinch, a new liability insurance company, needed to create an online quoting experience that allowed professionals working in multiple industries to find the right liability insurance coverage for their job. The Cinch team’s goal was to embrace the brand’s core values of simplicity and savings while building trust with their potential customers.
I lead my team at Nonfiction through a UX design process that included research, rapid iteration, and customer validation of designs. We created designs for a responsive web app that gather a customer’s details, provide adjustable insurance quotes, and guide the user through purchasing a policy online.
- I conducted interviews with target customers and defined user personas for the experience.
- I documented user flows and built consensus with stakeholders around requirements.
- I created storyboards, wireframes, and clickable Invision prototypes.
- I designed the interface for the quote flow as well as a holistic design system for the platform.
- I helped to evaluate the design with customers at multiple points in time through contextual inquiry and unmoderated usability testing.
- I used insights from the customer validation process to make iterative improvements on an ongoing basis.