Online travel company InterRail had a vision to expand their product offering with a new membership program for tourists visiting Italy. Their concept, called ItaliaPass, would provide members with access to a variety of benefits that included savings on accommodations, exclusive tours, and private events. The team at InterRail needed to develop a new platform to deliver on their vision.
I lead my team at Nonfiction through a UX design process that included research, information architecture, and rapid prototyping. We created a responsive web experience that enabled travelers to buy memberships, explore their benefits, and access their pass. Through low-fi prototyping, we were able to evaluate the purchase flows and the QR code-driven mobile pass to create a seamless user experience from start to end.
- I created user flows and built consensus with stakeholders around functional requirements.
- I defined the platform’s information architecture.
- I created wireframes and a coded prototype.
- I designed the interface for the quote flow as well as a holistic design system for the platform.
- I collaborated with art directors and developers at as they built out the high-fidelity interface.
- I used insights from the customer validation process to make iterative improvements on an ongoing basis.