Nemo Equipment, known among the outdoor community for their premium tents, set out to expand their product offering with a line of technical sleeping bags. To go to market, Nemo had to prove to their audience that their design-centric values and obsession with quality would translate to equipment beyond tents. They partnered with Almighty to create an online experience to promote and sell a limited run of their brand new products.
I lead the UX design of an e-commerce site experience that included research, information architecture, and rapid prototyping. The site used a visual navigation to merchandise the product line while expanding in depth on the technical features of each bag. Supported with striking photography and a social feed of updates from Nemo and industry reviewers, the experience presented the sleeping bags as a top-tier product and helped Nemo sell out the limited edition bags in a matter of weeks.
- I collaborated with Nemo stakeholders and creative technologists at Almighty to establish functional requirements.
- I conducted competitive analysis of relevant e-commerce experiences.
- I documented user flows and site architecture.
- I created wireframes and a coded prototype.
- I collaborated with art directors at Almighty as they designed the high-fidelity interface.