The founders of WeatherBuild had observed firsthand that construction managers were relying on a combination of free weather apps and printed project schedules to make major decisions about safety conditions on their job sites. They had a vision for a product that merges data feeds from hyper-local weather sources and project management software to give managers real-time, actionable insights.
I lead my team at Nonfiction through a UX design process that included research, rapid prototyping, and mobile interface design. We used customer research to develop primary use cases for the product and developed a high-fidelity prototype. We evaluated the prototype during a series of interviews with target customers. With the feedback gathered during those early validation sessions, we expanded the feature set and helped WeatherBuild successfully bring their iOS app to market.
- I worked with the founders at WeatherBuild to define their target audience.
- I documented user flows and built consensus with stakeholders around functional requirements.
- I created wireframes and a coded prototype.
- I designed the interface for the iOS app and a custom set of weather icons.
- I used insights from the customer validation process to make iterative improvements as part of the engineering team’s continuous release cycle.